Forms & Policies
Playing Up/Playing Down Policy
CCLL believes that players generally should play in the division corresponding to their league age and automatically will assign players to that division during registration. CCLL does not encourage players to either play up or play down.
- A player who is league age 6 and has played at least one season in the National Division may request to play up in the A division.
- A player who is league age 7 and has played at least one season in the A Division may request to play up in the AA division.
- A player who is league age 8 and has played at least one season in the AA Division may request to play up in the AAA division.
- CCLL will consider requests to play down by league age 7 (to National), 9 (to A Division), 11 (to AA Division), and 12 (to AAA Division) year olds in very limited circumstances and only if it will benefit the player’s development and the player’s skill level, as determined by CCLL, dictates that s/he should be assigned to a lower division.
- 12-years old may play in the AAA Division only with a waiver approved by the District Administrator. Pursuant to Little League rules, 12-year olds may not pitch in AAA.
- Any requests to play up or play down must be made to CCLL’s Player Agent at email@example.com prior to registering a player.
Overview of the Draft and Player Placement
Consistent with CCLL’s Playing Up/Playing Down policy, requests to opt out of the draft or opt out of Majors will only be considered in very limited circumstances where playing down will benefit the player’s development and the player’s skill level, as determined by CCLL, dictates that s/he should be assigned to a lower division.
Any player is eligible to be drafted by a Majors Divisions team who
(i) is league age 11 or 12, or
(ii) has played at least one Spring season in the Minors/AA division or the AAA division and is at least league age 10, or
(iii) participates in a tryout and is league age 10.
All league age 12 year olds and returning Majors players shall beselected by a Major league team. Any remaining eligible players are then drafted based on ability to fill the remaining spots in the Majors Division.
AAA Draft and AA/A/National Division Placement
- All league age 11 year olds, returning AAA players, or players who have played at least one spring season in the Minors/AA Division or participated in at least one tryout, not drafted by a Majors Division team shall be eligible for selection by an AAA Division team. All league age 11 year olds and returning AAA players not otherwise selected by a Majors Division team shall be selected by an AAA Division team.
- Any remaining players not drafted by a Majors or AAA team will be placed in the AA Division and assigned to AA teams as determined by the Player Agent in coordination with the AA Commissioner.
- AA, A, and the National Division teams will continue to form as they currently are formed, although the Commissioner, Player Agent, and coaches will coordinate to address any inequities and to balance teams as necessary.